Estimates Cut at JPMorgan (JPM) After 10-Q Cautious Commentary - Nomura
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Nomura Securities analyst Steven Chubak lowered estimates on JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) after the company filed its 10-Q Friday, which showed cautious trading guidance. The firm maintained Neutral rating and $62 price target.
Chubak commented, "JPM published its 10-Q after Friday’s close, which included cautious outlook commentary for 2Q, as the revenue backdrop remains challenged, notably in Mortgage and FICC/Equities. We are lowering 2QE to $1.26 from $1.34 to reflect updated guidance, including: weaker-than-forecast trading revenue (-$0.05); negative operating leverage in CIB (-$0.02); and more pronounced declines in servicing fees (-$0.01). We expect JPM shares to underperform by ~125-150bps relative to the S&P Financials on Monday, consistent with the percentage decline in ’14E consensus that we envisage."
The firm maintained FY14E EPS at $5.19; FY15E EPS at $5.86.
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $55.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Standard & Poor's, Nomura
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!