Estimates Cut at JPMorgan (JPM) After 10-Q Cautious Commentary - Nomura
- Top 10 News for 4/13 - 4/17: China Regulation, Greek Debt Rattle Markets; Netflix Rockets on Results; M&A News, Rumors Abound
- U.S. Antitrust Lawyers May Move to Block Comcast (CMCSA), Time Warner Cable (TWC) Deal
- Teva (TEVA) Said Considering Bid for Mylan (MYL)
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- Stock Futures Deep in the Red
Nomura Securities analyst Steven Chubak lowered estimates on JPMorgan (NYSE: JPM) after the company filed its 10-Q Friday, which showed cautious trading guidance. The firm maintained Neutral rating and $62 price target.
Chubak commented, "JPM published its 10-Q after Friday’s close, which included cautious outlook commentary for 2Q, as the revenue backdrop remains challenged, notably in Mortgage and FICC/Equities. We are lowering 2QE to $1.26 from $1.34 to reflect updated guidance, including: weaker-than-forecast trading revenue (-$0.05); negative operating leverage in CIB (-$0.02); and more pronounced declines in servicing fees (-$0.01). We expect JPM shares to underperform by ~125-150bps relative to the S&P Financials on Monday, consistent with the percentage decline in ’14E consensus that we envisage."
The firm maintained FY14E EPS at $5.19; FY15E EPS at $5.86.
Shares of JPMorgan closed at $55.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Compass Point Downgrades Independent Bank (INDB) to Neutral
- UPDATE: UBS Starts Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT) at Buy; Analyst Notes Scarcity of Liver Drugs That Work
- JPMorgan (JPM) Bullish Stance Reiterated at Jefferies Following 'Solid' Q1
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Standard & Poor's, Nomura
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!