Estée Lauder (EL): Mixed Sentiment Into FQ4 Report - Piper Jaffray
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Stephanie Wissink, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Estee Lauder (NYSE: EL) but recognizes that conditions and sentiment leading into next week's report are more mixed than is typical.
She hosted a bull/bear discussion with a group of investors and sees points of validation for both optimism and caution. Survey and sales data points surrounding MAC imply signs of maturation domestically. That brand is the largest in the portfolio and by her estimates, has accounted for nearly half of the company's 6-8% annual growth rate.
She is positive on the Leading Beauty Forward initiative, but a view exists that unlocking more dollars for brand investment is necessary to remain competitive, especially in make-up. Macy's 100 door closures may also create order book disruption. All told, she thinks shares are pricing in a continued 6%+ growth and any signs of change may create near term volatility.
No change to the price target of $100.
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $92.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!