Estée Lauder (EL): Mixed Sentiment Into FQ4 Report - Piper Jaffray
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Stephanie Wissink, reiterated her Overweight rating on shares of Estee Lauder (NYSE: EL) but recognizes that conditions and sentiment leading into next week's report are more mixed than is typical.
She hosted a bull/bear discussion with a group of investors and sees points of validation for both optimism and caution. Survey and sales data points surrounding MAC imply signs of maturation domestically. That brand is the largest in the portfolio and by her estimates, has accounted for nearly half of the company's 6-8% annual growth rate.
She is positive on the Leading Beauty Forward initiative, but a view exists that unlocking more dollars for brand investment is necessary to remain competitive, especially in make-up. Macy's 100 door closures may also create order book disruption. All told, she thinks shares are pricing in a continued 6%+ growth and any signs of change may create near term volatility.
No change to the price target of $100.
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $92.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!