Estée Lauder (EL): Guidance Trumps Good Results - UBS
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
UBS analyst, Stephen Powers reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Estee Lauder (NYSE: EL) along with a price target of $104 after EL's FYQ4 performance confirmed buy-side expectations of +7% FXneutral growth.
EL partly allayed fears of structurally lower growth as it guided to +6-7% FX-neutral growth in FY17 (vs. fears of +5-7%) and maintained its +6-8% long-term growth outlook. This should be considered a relative positive, along with EL's FYQ4 EPS beat ($0.43 vs. Consensus of $0.40).
However, this was more than offset by EL's potentially conservative FY17 EPS guidance of $3.38-$3.44 (Consensus of $3.53) and reduced long-term margin target, driving the stock down Friday.
Shares of Estee Lauder closed at $91.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $105 at Oppenheimer Following 1Q Report
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!