Esperion (ESPR) Data Has Something for Bulls and Bears - Stifel
- Wall St. set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Dollar recoups losses, caution sets in ahead of Trump inauguration
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Thomas Shrader weighed in on Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ESPR) after the company released data from the 035 study to test ETC-1002 on top of low dose statins. He said the complex will likely leave both bulls and bears happy. He also used the updated as chance to lower his price target to $30 from $64. He maintained a Buy rating.
Shrader commented, "The data were overall quite positive with benign safety profile and a 22% lowering of LDL-C relative to placebo. On a down side, the 22% included a somewhat unexpected 9% increase in the placebo group and the equivalence in plasma was based on FDA guidance that this “equivalence” is FDA-speak and implies an increase of less than 25%. Finally, the timeline for what we viewed as the major derisking event in the stock (the 900 patient 040 trial now 1950 patients) has been pushed out. All in all, if you love this stock due to a reasonable chance at a huge market, or hate this stock due to a feeling like every result seems more complex than it needs to be, there was likely nothing in today’s release to change your mind. Based on the delays implied in today’s news (albeit with improved clarity) and some R&D increases to cover the upsized trials we are lowering our target price from $64 to $30. The next major catalyst for Esperion is likely the PCSK9 CVOT readouts over the next six months."
Shares of Esperion Therapeutics closed at $12.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Downgrades Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (PEI) to Hold
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $96 at Canaccord Genuity
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!