Endo Int'l (ENDP): Increasing Spend to Fund Underperforming Brands - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Jason Gerberrry, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) after the company reported a solid 2Q, beating revenue expectations by ~6% and EPS by 16%, but left 2016 guidance parameters unchanged as 2Q revenue benefited from customer stocking & advancement of orders while mgmt. left EPS guidance unchanged as ENDP plans to increase spend to fund underperforming brands.
The analyst stated the the increase in spending leaves him "further questioning the growth trajectory of key brands like Xiaflex (dupuytrens/peyronie's) and Belbuca (pain), the latter reporting negligible sales YTD; mgmt. sees Xiaflex and Belbuca as important growth drivers and a recent change in ENDP's brand leadership can only help given disappointing uptake of these products. On generics, we view mgmt.'s strategy of pursuing conversion of unauthorized products to 505(b)2 brands as a very high risk/high reward business and view the product oppty’s as relatively short-lived, in the 1-2 yr range. Our revised sales/EPS ests reflect lower out year new product contribution as we expect significant rebasing in 2018 after two large first-to-file generics lose exclusivity in 2Q17".
The increased spending spurred the analyst to cut his price target to $22.00 (from $23.00).
Shares of Endo International plc closed at $18.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $290 at Stifel But Remains Sidelined
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!