Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) AD Portfolio Uncertain Following Sola Failure - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Seamus Fernandez weighed in on Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE: LLY) after sola failed, saying this makes the future of the company's AD portfolio uncertain.
Fernandez commeted, "This morning LLY announced that its EXPEDITION 3 trial of solanezumab (sola) did NOT meet its primary endpoint of ADAS-cog14, a measure of cognition; secondary endpoints, while trending in the right direction, also had only small magnitude of benefits. We were disappointed, but not surprised by the result. In our forecast, we attributed ~30% probability of success for the trial with ~$1.5B risk-adjusted peak sales, which contributed ~$10-12/shr to our DCF estimate. This is the 3rd Phase 3 failure of LLY's solanezumab. Despite moving earlier into the disease progression (mild patients) and using biomarker to select patients (beta amyloid PET imaging), the treatment effect still proved to be not sufficient to result in a significant slowing of cognitive decline. This result will no doubt cast a shadow over LLY's Alzheimer's Disease (AD) pipeline portfolio, which is heavily based on the beta amyloid hypothesis. Other competitors' programs based on this hypothesis will probably continue, but this will likely have negative read-through on these results in the short term."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Approves Boehringer Ingelheim's Jardiance to Reduce Cardiovascular Death in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes (LLY)
- Mizuho Securities Adjusts Estimates Following Gap, Inc. (GPS) Comp Miss
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!