EPS Beat Improves Cowen's Confidence on Tiffany & Co. (TIF); Reiterates Market Perform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Cowen reiterated a Market Perform rating on Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF), and raised the price target to $74.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. TIF reported a worldwide comp decline of -9% C/C, partly attributed to lower tourist spending. However, a $0.12 EPS beat has Cowen encouraged with TIF's potential for improvement.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "Total comps of -9.0% C/C vs. Street's -7.8%, as most regions continued to see soft luxury spend by local & foreign tourists; but, we're encouraged by 2Q EPS +12c beat vs. Street on better-than-expected GM & less SG&A de-leverage, plus TIF maintaining full-year guidance & FCF outlook of at least $400mm despite tough macro backdrop. Reit. Market Perform w/ New $74PT."
Shares of Tiffany & Co. closed at $73.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!