EPS Beat Improves Cowen's Confidence on Tiffany & Co. (TIF); Reiterates Market Perform
- Wall Street set to open higher; Dow to hit record level
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen reiterated a Market Perform rating on Tiffany & Co. (NYSE: TIF), and raised the price target to $74.00 (from $68.00), following the company's 2Q earnings report. TIF reported a worldwide comp decline of -9% C/C, partly attributed to lower tourist spending. However, a $0.12 EPS beat has Cowen encouraged with TIF's potential for improvement.
Analyst Oliver Chen commented, "Total comps of -9.0% C/C vs. Street's -7.8%, as most regions continued to see soft luxury spend by local & foreign tourists; but, we're encouraged by 2Q EPS +12c beat vs. Street on better-than-expected GM & less SG&A de-leverage, plus TIF maintaining full-year guidance & FCF outlook of at least $400mm despite tough macro backdrop. Reit. Market Perform w/ New $74PT."
Shares of Tiffany & Co. closed at $73.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Berenberg Upgrades Nucor (NUE) to Buy
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Gibraltar Industries (ROCK) to $52; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!