EMC (EMC), Dell Deal Clears China Regulatory Hurdle; VMWare (VMW) Seen Trading at Discount - Wells Fargo
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo affirms EMC Corp. (NYSE: EMC) at Market Perform following news that the company's marger with Dell will close on September 7th.
The firm commented today:
EMC announced the transaction with Dell has received approval from MOFCOM (China's Ministry of Commerce) and with all the regulatory approvals received the two companies expect to close their merger next Wednesday (Sept. 7th). The joint press release also noted that the new VMWare (NYSE: VMW) tracking stock will start trading on September 7th with 'DVMT'. At closing, EMC shareholders will receive $24.05 in cash per share plus a VMW tracking stock of 0.111x per EMC share. Based on VMW intraday stock price of $74.46 and assuming a 30% discount to the tracking stock, we believe the deal value is $29.85, which represents 3.2% premium to EMC intraday stock price of $28.92. Conversely, based on the current share prices of EMC and VMW, the market appears to be valuing the tracking stock at about 40% discount.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!