EMC (EMC), Dell Deal Clears China Regulatory Hurdle; VMWare (VMW) Seen Trading at Discount - Wells Fargo
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wells Fargo affirms EMC Corp. (NYSE: EMC) at Market Perform following news that the company's marger with Dell will close on September 7th.
The firm commented today:
EMC announced the transaction with Dell has received approval from MOFCOM (China's Ministry of Commerce) and with all the regulatory approvals received the two companies expect to close their merger next Wednesday (Sept. 7th). The joint press release also noted that the new VMWare (NYSE: VMW) tracking stock will start trading on September 7th with 'DVMT'. At closing, EMC shareholders will receive $24.05 in cash per share plus a VMW tracking stock of 0.111x per EMC share. Based on VMW intraday stock price of $74.46 and assuming a 30% discount to the tracking stock, we believe the deal value is $29.85, which represents 3.2% premium to EMC intraday stock price of $28.92. Conversely, based on the current share prices of EMC and VMW, the market appears to be valuing the tracking stock at about 40% discount.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesWells Fargo, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!