Dynavax (DVAX) VRBPAC Cancellation Implications are More Positive than Negative - Cowen
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Cowen analyst Phil Nadeau reiterated an Outperform rating and $45 price target on Dynavax Technologies (NASDAQ: DVAX), saying the implications from November's VRBPAC meeting cancellation is more positive than negative. Dynavax's closed down 32% on Friday as investors viewed it as negative.
Nadeau commented, "Over the weekend DVAX issued a press release about the cancellation of November's VRBPAC meeting, and we have discussed the events with management. DVAX is encouraged that the remaining questions will be addressed between DVAX and the FDA directly, though management does not yet know what the remaining issues are. We continue to think that DVAX is undervalued for Heplisav."
The analyst highlighted:
- DVAX's Release Suggests That VRBPAC Was Cancelled Because There Are No Issues That Warrant An Ad. Com, But A Diabetic Indication Won't Be In The Initial Label.
- Management Is Pleased That Heplsav's BLA Will Not Be Discussed By A November VRBPAC Meeting, But Cautions That It Does Not Yet Know What Questions The FDA Has About The Filing.
- Friday's Move In DVAX Seems To Be An Over-Reaction As The Lack Of Need For A Panel Has More Positive Than Negative Implications, In Our Opinion. We Do Not Think A Delay In Getting The Subpopulation Data On The Label Will Impact Heplisav's Long-Term Potential.
Shares of Dynavax Technologies closed at $10.91 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- Mylan (MYL) Gains on Generic Concerta Approval
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!