Dynavax (DVAX) PT Cut to $4 at RBC Following CRL
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
- Trump picks ex-rival Carson to head housing department
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Simos Simeonidis cut his price target on Sector Perform-rated Dynavax Technologies (NASDAQ: DVAX) to $4.00 (from $16.00) after the FDA has issued a CRL to the Heplisav-B BLA, a full month before the 12/15/16 PDUFA.
"While the decision itself may not be a major surprise for some investors, we were surprised to see for the first time the disclosure of cardiac events imbalance in HBV-23 given as one of the reasons for the CRL, in addition to the agency's known concerns about AESIs," Simeonidis said.
Commenting on where do we go from here, the analyst said: "The company will respond to the CRL “as quickly as possible” and expects a 6-month review. It is therefore possible that we could have another PDUFA in 2H17. Dynavax stated that the CRL does not mention the need for additional clinical trials. However, we don’t see this as any sort of a positive signal, since the FDA has not yet completed its full review and thus a decision on whether more trials are needed wouldn’t necessarily be given until then. Despite that, Dynavax disclosed it plans to bring in a pharma or financial partner, given its $109M in cash as of the end of 3Q16 and its $30M in quarterly burn."
Shares of Dynavax Technologies closed at $11.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dynavax (DVAX) Presents Phase 1/2 SD-101 Clinical Data at ASH
- Cowen Is Cautious On lululemon athletica (LULU) Ahead Of The Print
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!