Dynavax (DVAX) PT Cut to $4 at RBC Following CRL
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Simos Simeonidis cut his price target on Sector Perform-rated Dynavax Technologies (NASDAQ: DVAX) to $4.00 (from $16.00) after the FDA has issued a CRL to the Heplisav-B BLA, a full month before the 12/15/16 PDUFA.
"While the decision itself may not be a major surprise for some investors, we were surprised to see for the first time the disclosure of cardiac events imbalance in HBV-23 given as one of the reasons for the CRL, in addition to the agency's known concerns about AESIs," Simeonidis said.
Commenting on where do we go from here, the analyst said: "The company will respond to the CRL “as quickly as possible” and expects a 6-month review. It is therefore possible that we could have another PDUFA in 2H17. Dynavax stated that the CRL does not mention the need for additional clinical trials. However, we don’t see this as any sort of a positive signal, since the FDA has not yet completed its full review and thus a decision on whether more trials are needed wouldn’t necessarily be given until then. Despite that, Dynavax disclosed it plans to bring in a pharma or financial partner, given its $109M in cash as of the end of 3Q16 and its $30M in quarterly burn."
Shares of Dynavax Technologies closed at $11.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Plexus (PLXS) PT Raised to $57 at RBC Capital
- Cree (CREE) PT Raised to $23 at Canaccord Genuity
- CSX (CSX) PT Raised to $51 at Citi as Hunter Harrison Makes Moves
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA
Related EntitiesRBC Capital, PDUFA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!