Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Sell on Corning (GLW) Following Solid 3Q
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Drexel Hamilton reiterated a Sell rating and $14.50 price target on Corning (NYSE: GLW) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Corning reported core sales of $2.548 billion that beat the consensus estimate of $2.52 billion, while core EPS of $0.42 also beat consensus estimates of $0.38. For 4Q, Drexel Hamilton cut sales projections to $2.527 billion from $2.576 billion but raised EPS projections to $0.44 from $0.38 (Street is at $0.40).
Analyst Brian White commented, "In our view, Corning's conference call had a lackluster tone with Display volume slightly outperforming in 3Q:16 but slightly falling short of our 4Q:16 estimates. As we discussed during our recent China/Taiwan Tech Tour, prices for LCD panels have surged this year and our contacts expect prices to continue rising through the end of the year but decline in 2017. Essentially, leading panel makers such as Samsung, LG Display and others have taken out production capacity to focus on more advanced display technologies (e.g., AMOLED), artificially driving panel prices higher."
Shares of Corning closed at $23.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) to $30 Following 4Q
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Drexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!