Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Sell on Corning (GLW) Following Solid 3Q
- Wall Street dips as investors turn defensive
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Drexel Hamilton reiterated a Sell rating and $14.50 price target on Corning (NYSE: GLW) following the company's 3Q earnings report. Corning reported core sales of $2.548 billion that beat the consensus estimate of $2.52 billion, while core EPS of $0.42 also beat consensus estimates of $0.38. For 4Q, Drexel Hamilton cut sales projections to $2.527 billion from $2.576 billion but raised EPS projections to $0.44 from $0.38 (Street is at $0.40).
Analyst Brian White commented, "In our view, Corning's conference call had a lackluster tone with Display volume slightly outperforming in 3Q:16 but slightly falling short of our 4Q:16 estimates. As we discussed during our recent China/Taiwan Tech Tour, prices for LCD panels have surged this year and our contacts expect prices to continue rising through the end of the year but decline in 2017. Essentially, leading panel makers such as Samsung, LG Display and others have taken out production capacity to focus on more advanced display technologies (e.g., AMOLED), artificially driving panel prices higher."
Shares of Corning closed at $23.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy on Intel (INTC) Ahead of 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Downgrades Verizon Communications (VZ) to Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, Drexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!