Drexel Hamilton Reiterates Buy on IBM (IBM) Following Announced Workday (WDAY) Partnership
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Drexel Hamilton reiterated a Buy rating and $186.00 price target on IBM (NYSE: IBM) following the company's announcement that it has entered a multi-year strategic partnership with Workday (NYSE: WDAY). Given Workday's aggressive international expansion initiatives, Drexil Hamilton believes that the IBM Cloud provides the global footprint and flexible capacity necessary to support growth.
Analyst Brian White commented, "In our view, Workday is a rising star in the SaaS world and delivered 48% revenue growth in FY:16 to $1.16 billion. Given that IBM is not actively involved in providing ERP SaaS solutions, we believe this strategic partnership is void of the competitive conflicts that could arise when partnering with other leading cloud vendors. In November 2015, IBM acquired Meteorix, a leading Workday services partner."
Shares of IBM closed at $161.95 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Boston Properties Inc. (BXP) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDrexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!