Drexel Hamilton Not Fans of Rumored NXP (NXPI) Takeover Price, Says $40-$45B Should Be Minimum
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Drexel Hamilton analyst Cody Acree weighed in on NXP Semiconductors NV (NASDAQ: NXPI) amid reports Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) is looking to acquire the company. Acree said NXP doesn't need Qualcomm and they are not fans of the reported $30 billion takeover price. The analyst said $40-$45 billion is the minimum that should be even considered.
Acree commented, "While we see some potential positives of a Qualcomm/NXP combination, we believe the vast majority of the benefits would be to Qualcomm and its shareholders, particularly at the discussed valuation. We believe NXP and its investors are better off looking for a much higher bid elsewhere from a more strategic partner, or simply letting the strengths of its recent Freescale merger continue to mature, which is the option that we believe should ultimately earn shareholders the maximum returns."
He added, "We Believe $40-$45 Billion is the Minimum that Should Even Begin to be Considered - In our view the discussed $30 billion would significantly undervalue NXP and its earnings power, and with NXP’s shares already trading with a $35 billion market cap, it looks as though the market agrees."
The analyst added that at least an upper-teen forward EPS multiple should be achievable. "Even at 17-19x our FY17 EPS Estimate of about $7, we get a market cap range of $40-$45 Billion," he said.
The firm maintained a Buy rating and price target of $115.
Shares of NXP Semiconductors NV closed at $96.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) to Pay $100M to Settle FTC, State Charges for Violating Antitrust Laws
- Wedbush Remains Bullish on Nexstar Broadcasting (NXST) - PT to $75
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement, Drexel Hamilton
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!