Dougherty & Co Starts EMCORE (EMKR) at Buy
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Dougherty & Co initiated coverage on EMCORE (NASDAQ: EMKR) with a Buy rating and a price target of $7.50. Analyst Joe Maxa thinks the company is well positioned for opportunities.
"Over the last two years, EMCORE sold two businesses, appointed a new CEO and several other executives, re-focused its business strategy, returned significant cash to investors through a buyback and special dividend totaling $85 million, while continuing to invest in its core business. The company is a leader in mixed signal optics and we believe is poised to benefit from an emerging multi-year CATV DOCSIS 3.1 upgrade cycle. In addition, the company’s initial multi-million dollar RFoG and fiber optic gyroscope orders suggest its addressable market is expanding meaningfully and that its revenue growth is about to accelerate. We estimate EMCORE’s revenue growth will exceed 15% in the coming years and that a focus on cost reduction/optimization can result in strong operating leverage and margin expansion. We believe these factors justify our Price Target which is based on 15x our FY17 Non-GAAP EPS estimate plus the cash on EMCORE’s balance sheet," said Maxa.
Shares of EMCORE closed at $5.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Cowen Raises Price Target on GigOptix (GIG) to $4 Following 4Q Pre-announcement
- Citi Downgrades Blackhawk Network (HAWK) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!