Dougherty & Co Starts CyberOptics (CYBE) at Buy
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Dougherty & Co initiated coverage on CyberOptics (NASDAQ: CYBE) with a Buy rating and a price target of $27. Analyst Richard Ryan sees opportunity following the company's recent transformation.
"CyberOptics has gone through a multi-year transformation of moving into 3D inspection (from 2D) which is helping it break away from a decade old continuum. Through the use of its proprietary algorithms, CYBE is speeding up inspection in its legacy Surface Mount Technology (PCBs) and Semiconductor industries which are facing never-ending miniaturization of devices. Outside of 3D inspection, CYBE’s WaferSense offering keeps production tools running, thus increasing yields. WaferSense has no competition and extensive IP protection, creating an extremely solid base of business," said Ryan.
The analyst added, "As Non-Semiconductor manufacturing becomes sophisticated, 3D automatic optical inspection is opening many doors. For industrial/medical industries, it is paramount to inspect devices (against CAD specs) and detect defects early. CYBE’s 3D technology aids in eliminating rework and manufacturing delays at impressive speeds. This unlocks a massive opportunity for 3D Scanning which is a ~$3B+ industry and not in CYBE’s revenues."
Shares of CyberOptics closed at $21.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on GameStop (GME) to $28; Reiterates Outperform
- Wedbush Downgrades Entravision Communications (EVC) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!