Dougherty & Co Downgrades Libbey Inc (LBY) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Dougherty & Co downgraded Libbey Inc (NYSE: LBY) from Buy to Neutral and removed its price target (prior $26.00). Analyst Jeremy Hamblin said overcapacity and structural changes to retail delay recovery.
"Our downgrade is predicated on a lack of visibility on the timeline for the company to return to sales growth and the sense that overcapacity within the industry cannot be fixed in quarters, but rather in years. Admittedly, we are several quarters late in our call to move to the sidelines but we now believe that challenges within the retail segment are more structural in nature that will take a couple of years to overcome. While we don't see a dramatic downturn on the horizon, we fear that an economic slowdown combined with the company's relatively high debt levels (3.1x EBITDA) could lead to further downside," said Hamblin.
Shares of Libbey Inc closed at $17.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!