Dougherty & Co Downgrades Libbey Inc (LBY) to Neutral
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Dougherty & Co downgraded Libbey Inc (NYSE: LBY) from Buy to Neutral and removed its price target (prior $26.00). Analyst Jeremy Hamblin said overcapacity and structural changes to retail delay recovery.
"Our downgrade is predicated on a lack of visibility on the timeline for the company to return to sales growth and the sense that overcapacity within the industry cannot be fixed in quarters, but rather in years. Admittedly, we are several quarters late in our call to move to the sidelines but we now believe that challenges within the retail segment are more structural in nature that will take a couple of years to overcome. While we don't see a dramatic downturn on the horizon, we fear that an economic slowdown combined with the company's relatively high debt levels (3.1x EBITDA) could lead to further downside," said Hamblin.
Shares of Libbey Inc closed at $17.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on SM Energy (SM) to $59; Reiterates Buy
- Credit Suisse Downgrades Time Warner (TWX) to Neutral Following Takeover
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!