Dollar General (DG): Buy Ahead Of Results On 12/1 - Buckingham
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Buckingham Research analyst, John Zoldis, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Dollar General (NYSE: DG) ahead of 3QFY16 results on 12/1 pre-open.
Following disappointing results last quarter, investors are cautious on DG, citing a litany of unfavorable factors including deflation, SNAP declines, increased competition, and choppy consumer spending. The third quarter will also be hurt by the shift of some Halloween-related sales into 4QFY16 (we estimate 20-30 bps impact). However, the analyst notes that the sell-side has already significantly reduced estimates and believes buy-side expectations are even lower with some talking about negative 1% comps in the current quarter.
The analyst stated "We doubt it will be this bad (other discounter results were stable in 3Q) and note that DG has only reported negative quarterly comps 2x since FY98. We are buyers in front of results based on this sentiment, the company’s LT growth opportunity, its outstanding financials (among the best in all retail), and consistent performance".
No change to the price target of $90.
Shares of Dollar General closed at $80.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBuckingham Research, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!