Disney (DIS): Growth Continues To Slow But There Are Things To Like - Needham
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) after the company reported FY4Q16 revenue of $13.1B (down 3% y/y), Operating EPS of $1.10 (down 9% y/y).
The analyst most like the following points about the quarter:
1) 4mm visitors to Shanghai Disney (implying potentially 10mm visitors in its first year)
2) US cable subs were down only 2% y/y in FY4Q16 quarter, stable with the past 4 quarters
3) a new direct to consumer product from ESPN was a recurring topic, anchored by DIS’s investment in BAMTech
4) DIS isn’t worried that ratings weakness in the NFL is structural
5) During FY4Q16, DIS repurchased 16.6mm shares for $1.6B and stated that it would repurchase $7-$8B of shares in FY17
6) DIS said it was 100% currency hedged for FY17
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $94.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
- Deutsche Bank Downgrades MGM Growth Properties (MGP) to Hold
- BWS Financial Cuts Price Target on Sigma Designs (SIGM) to $5.00
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!