Disney (DIS): Growth Continues To Slow But There Are Things To Like - Needham
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) after the company reported FY4Q16 revenue of $13.1B (down 3% y/y), Operating EPS of $1.10 (down 9% y/y).
The analyst most like the following points about the quarter:
1) 4mm visitors to Shanghai Disney (implying potentially 10mm visitors in its first year)
2) US cable subs were down only 2% y/y in FY4Q16 quarter, stable with the past 4 quarters
3) a new direct to consumer product from ESPN was a recurring topic, anchored by DIS’s investment in BAMTech
4) DIS isn’t worried that ratings weakness in the NFL is structural
5) During FY4Q16, DIS repurchased 16.6mm shares for $1.6B and stated that it would repurchase $7-$8B of shares in FY17
6) DIS said it was 100% currency hedged for FY17
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $94.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!