Disney (DIS): Growth Continues To Slow But There Are Things To Like - Needham
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) after the company reported FY4Q16 revenue of $13.1B (down 3% y/y), Operating EPS of $1.10 (down 9% y/y).
The analyst most like the following points about the quarter:
1) 4mm visitors to Shanghai Disney (implying potentially 10mm visitors in its first year)
2) US cable subs were down only 2% y/y in FY4Q16 quarter, stable with the past 4 quarters
3) a new direct to consumer product from ESPN was a recurring topic, anchored by DIS’s investment in BAMTech
4) DIS isn’t worried that ratings weakness in the NFL is structural
5) During FY4Q16, DIS repurchased 16.6mm shares for $1.6B and stated that it would repurchase $7-$8B of shares in FY17
6) DIS said it was 100% currency hedged for FY17
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $94.96 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Upgrades Magnachip Semiconductor (MX) to Buy
- Barclays Downgrades Chiasma (CHMA) to Underweight
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades 21Vianet (VNET) to Equalweight
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!