Disney (DIS): Cutting Estimates On Iger Comments - Needham
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) and cut 4Q16 estimates to reflect recent comments from CEO, Bob Iger, that FY16 would have only 52 weeks, 1 week less than 2015, resulting in $350mm lower operating income. A majority of that negative comparison is in the Cable Networks division and the balance is in Parks and Consumer Products.
The analyst is cutting 4Q16 operating income by $250mm, of which $216mm (86%) is Cable Nets, $21mm is Parks and $13mm is Consumer Products bringing 4Q16 revenue to $13.57B (up 0.5% y/y, 2% below previous estimates), Segment operating income to $3.1B (down 12% y/y, 7% below previous estimates), and EPS to $1.12 (down 7% y/y, 8% below previous estimates, well below the consensus estimate of $1.18).
Based on technical analysis, the analyst believes there is potential $2/share of upside to DIS’s near-term share price from here and $7 of potential downside.
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $92.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oclaro (OCLR): Preannouncement Positive And Margin Leverage Means More To Come - Needham
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!