Disney (DIS): Cutting Estimates On Iger Comments - Needham
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Hold rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) and cut 4Q16 estimates to reflect recent comments from CEO, Bob Iger, that FY16 would have only 52 weeks, 1 week less than 2015, resulting in $350mm lower operating income. A majority of that negative comparison is in the Cable Networks division and the balance is in Parks and Consumer Products.
The analyst is cutting 4Q16 operating income by $250mm, of which $216mm (86%) is Cable Nets, $21mm is Parks and $13mm is Consumer Products bringing 4Q16 revenue to $13.57B (up 0.5% y/y, 2% below previous estimates), Segment operating income to $3.1B (down 12% y/y, 7% below previous estimates), and EPS to $1.12 (down 7% y/y, 8% below previous estimates, well below the consensus estimate of $1.18).
Based on technical analysis, the analyst believes there is potential $2/share of upside to DIS’s near-term share price from here and $7 of potential downside.
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $92.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!