Disney (DIS): Cutting EPS To A Y/Y Decline - UBS
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Doug Mitchelson, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) but cut his price target to $112 from $116 after cutting F4Q EPS $0.08 to $1.11, or -8% Y/Y.
Disney's CEO, Mr. Iger, recently noted that the extra week recorded in last year's 4th quarter (calendar timing) was a $350m difficult EBIT comparison this year, the first quantification of this issue. The new forecast is for EBIT to be down $347m Y/Y, suggesting that Disney will be essentially flat Y/Y on a core basis.
1) lowered cable network ad revenue $76m to -11% Y/Y from -4% due to poor NFL ratings so far this season and a softer performance against the Olympics than expected
2) higher Media Networks opex as investment rebounded after several below-trend quarters
3) modestly lower film with The BFG below estimates
4) Increased Parks from 1% EBIT growth to 5% on continued Domestic strength
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $92.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!