Disney (DIS): Cutting EPS To A Y/Y Decline - UBS
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Doug Mitchelson, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) but cut his price target to $112 from $116 after cutting F4Q EPS $0.08 to $1.11, or -8% Y/Y.
Disney's CEO, Mr. Iger, recently noted that the extra week recorded in last year's 4th quarter (calendar timing) was a $350m difficult EBIT comparison this year, the first quantification of this issue. The new forecast is for EBIT to be down $347m Y/Y, suggesting that Disney will be essentially flat Y/Y on a core basis.
1) lowered cable network ad revenue $76m to -11% Y/Y from -4% due to poor NFL ratings so far this season and a softer performance against the Olympics than expected
2) higher Media Networks opex as investment rebounded after several below-trend quarters
3) modestly lower film with The BFG below estimates
4) Increased Parks from 1% EBIT growth to 5% on continued Domestic strength
Shares of Walt Disney closed at $92.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!