Dish Network (DISH) PT Raised to $66 at Macquarie; Spectrum Monetization Favorable
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Macquarie analyst Amy Yong reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped her price target on Dish Network (NASDAQ: DISH) to $66.00 (from $62.00), saying the backdrop for spectrum monetization is finally favorable.
Yong commented, "After being stuck in the penalty box, the backdrop for spectrum monetization is finally favorable: the spectrum auction is progressing and the DE-litigation could reach a resolution soon. Lastly, a new administration and new entrants into wireless could translate into additional opportunities for Dish. We boost our target price to US$66 (from $62) driven by higher spectrum value; as the likelihood of partnerships draw nearer, we could see greater upside."
The analyst said Dish's US$3bn convert boosts liquidity for spectrum purchases and potential M&A while interest capitalization keeps expense on the P&L minimal.
Per their survey, 44% of investors believe a Dish combo would receive less amount of pushback under a Clinton administration. The breakdown is as follows: 1) 45% of investors chose cable-wireless; 2) 44% chose a Dish combo (e.g. DISH-TMUS, DISH-S, DISH-VZ, DISH-T); and 3) 11% selected wireless-wireless. Cable/Telco convergence and new entrants into wireless could translate into additional opportunities for Dish like spectrum leasing or M&A. We estimate PF valuation for a DISH-telco combo could be ~US$70-75/sh.
Shares of Dish Network closed at $56.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- ULTA Salon (ULTA) PT Raised to $296 at Cowen Following Latest Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!