Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS): A Beneficiary Of The Cabela's/Bass Merger - UBS
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst, Michael Lasser, reiterated his Buy on Dick's Sporting Goods (NYSE: DKS) noting that the Cabela’s (NYSE: CAB) & Bass Pro merger is another sign of consolidation which puts the stronger players in the category in an even better position.
Dicks Sporting Goods has 1% of its stores in a 15 min trade area (5% in a 20 min trade area) that also contains both a Bass & a Cabelas. It's possible that none of these overlapping stores are closed as a result of the merger. Though, we calc. DKS could pick up 15 bps of comp & $2.5 mm of EBIT for every store that is consolidated between the merging parties (assuming DKS captures 25% share & achieves a 20% contribution margin). This should keep DKS' share gains going well past the next few Qs.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Upgrades Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to Outperform
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades ARIAD Pharmaceuticals (ARIA) to Underweight
- Jefferies Reiterates Buy on PPG Industries (PPG) - PT to $113
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesUBS, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!