Deutsche Bank Upgrades Macy's (M) to Buy
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Macy's (NYSE: M) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $45.00 (prior $40.00). Analyst Paul Trussell balanced his models to better reflect the tougher top-line environment and margin recovery opportunity.
"We recognize near-term comp pressure but also significant 4Q and 2017 GPM opportunity buoying our EPS estimates above the Street. We think investors are underestimating the recovery potential, while we remain conservative on apparel SSS and real estate which could provide further upside. We think M is efficiently clearing excess inventory through Last Act (among the busiest parts of the store in our checks), and fewer but stronger promotional events plus sharper pricing are driving traffic while still preserving GPM. Next year’s store rationalization (100 closures announced) should further augment margins," said the analyst.
Shares of Macy's closed at $35.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Baird Upgrades Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) to Outperform
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Rockwell Collins (COL) to Buy
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades Williams Partners LP (WPZ) to Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!