Deutsche Bank Upgrades Ligand Pharma (LGND) to Hold
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Ligand Pharma (NASDAQ: LGND) from Sell to Hold with a price target of $105.00 (from $110.00). Analyst Gregg Gilbert said he sees more balanced risk/reward.
The analyst explained, "When we lowered our rating on LGND shares from Hold to Sell on 8/5, our call was based primarily on what we saw as challenging risk reward for the stock relative to our price target, which already factored in continued strong growth for key royalty drivers Promacta and Kyprolis, material contribution from Evomela, growth in technology deals (tied to Captisol and other platforms), and some pipeline value for future products. With the stock now trading within 10% of our new target of $105, which we lowered from $110 based on more conservative estimates for Evomela, we are moving back to a Hold rating. Key data points / pipeline events to watch for in the coming months include: 1) monthly sales for Promacta, Kyprolis, and Evomela, 2) sparsentan Phase IIb results for focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in 3Q16, 3) SAGE-547 Phase III results for super-refractory status epilepticus in 1H17, and 4) verubecestat Phase III results for Alzheimer’s disease in mid-2017."
Shares of Ligand Pharma closed at $108.04 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) PT Raised to $80 at Mizuho Securities As Inventory & Gross Margins "Underwhelm"
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $144 at FBR Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!