Deutsche Bank Upgrades Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) to Buy
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Huntington Bancshares (NASDAQ: HBAN) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $11.50 (from $10.50). Analyst Matt O-Connor thinks concerns surrounding consumer indirect auto lending are overblown.
"HBAN shares have devalued by 15% since the FMER deal was announced— trading at a 10% discount to peers on 2017E vs. a 5% premium before the deal. The devaluation reflects a combination of concerns around execution risk, the ability to implement cost saves, and the significant earnback period for TBV dilution (which mgmt estimated to be 5.5 years and we believe could be longer). There’s also industry-wide concerns surrounding consumer indirect auto lending, a large business for HBAN. However, we think these concerns are overblown and that the large devaluation is overdone. Our 2017e is below consensus (at $0.85 vs. $0.89) as we assume stable interest rates and have more conservative deal accretion estimates. However, the 5% EPS downside vs. consensus is similar to what we see for peers. While we weren’t thrilled with the deal at announcement, it’s better than some other recent large deals and HBAN had a strong currency/earnings into the deal," said the analyst.
Shares of Huntington Bancshares closed at $9.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) to $37
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!