Deutsche Bank Upgrades Fred's Inc. (FRED) to Hold
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) from Sell to Hold with a price target of $10 (unchanged). The upgrade was tied to valuation.
"We are upgrading shares of FRED to Hold from Sell given a reset bar (2H guidance has been dramatically lowered by mgmt.) and stock price correction (stock is down ~35% since 8/8 vs. the S&P at flat); however, we continue to believe the broader slowdown for Hepatitis C drugs (60%-70% of FRED's specialty business) and the increasingly tough competition in the discounter/dollar store space will cause a slow recovery of margin and comp performance. With the stock now trading below our EV/EBITDA multiple of 8x, we see risk/reward more balanced, and are therefore moving to the sidelines," said analyst Paul Trussell.
Shares of Fred's Inc. closed at $9.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Target (TGT) PT, Estimates Cut at Buckingham Research Following Miss
- Macquarie Downgrades Pearson PLC (PSO) to Neutral
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Symantec (SYMC) to $27; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!