Deutsche Bank Upgrades FirstEnergy Corp. (FE) to Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $37. Analyst Jonathan Arnold said its transition is underway.
"FE’s ongoing transition involves refocusing on regulated utility growth, while de-emphasizing merchant power. The path is not risk-free, but we see good value (>10% upside and 4.3% yield) and a decent entry point after relatively subdued reaction to recent regulated wins (Ohio ESP, PA settlement). Next Friday should bring an updated outlook and we expect FE to confirm that equity issuance – while substantial – will be lower than high estimates. While a Moody’s parent d/g may follow, implications for core regulated earnings are limited. Our $37 PT includes a sizable 5-10% execution discount on regulated, parent EPS and no net merchant value given competing puts and takes," said Arnold.
Shares of FirstEnergy Corp. closed at $33.34 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Instinet (Nomura) Downgrades Silicon Motion Technology (SIMO) to Neutral
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!