Deutsche Bank Upgrades CIENA (CIEN) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $27.
Analyst Vijay Bhagavath discussed his bullish thesis in a research note, stating, "Basis for our change in thesis is our primary research, backed by proprietary Scenario Analysis, suggesting solid order trends for CIEN in 100G+ Optical at Hyperscale Clouds (e.g. GOOGL, FB, etc) for Datacenter Interconnects and Sub-sea, and expanding opportunities in Metro at US Carriers (e.g. T, VZ, CTL, CMCSA, etc) and in India Infra, etc. CIEN is attractive at ~11x DB FY18E. Our $27 PT is a modest ~13x DB FY18E on P/E and EV/FCFE. Tactically, we call for an inline to slightly positive Q4/16 report versus consensus (CIEN Q4 EPS likely early Dec)."
Shares of CIENA closed at $21.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Deutsche Bank Upgrades Square (SQ) to Buy
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!