Deutsche Bank Upgrades Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) to Buy
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Big 5 Sporting Goods (NASDAQ: BGFV) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $16.50 (from $10.00). Analyst Mike Baker sees market share gains.
"We are upgrading Big 5 Sporting Goods to Buy from Hold for three reasons. These include 1) accelerating sales trends driven by market share gains after competitor liquidations; 2) profitability improvements from better merchandise margins and leverage on stronger sales; 3) higher earnings power from sales and profit increases that we do not yet believe are fully reflected in BGFV’s valuation. Our estimates go to $0.62 and $0.99 from $0.52 and $0.68 for 2016 and 2017 and our price target goes to $16.50 from $10 based on 16.5x our 2017 EPS forecast and our 15% long term EPS growth rate forecast. The biggest risks being increased online competition and rising costs in California," said Baker.
Shares of Big 5 Sporting Goods closed at $13.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!