Deutsche Bank Upgrades American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) to Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst, Tiffany Kanaga upgraded American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $22.00 (from $17.00).
The analyst recognizes that the call is a little late considering the the stock's upswing after a tough April and May, but there is still enough runway for an upgrade and with reduced risk levels with dept. stores noting apparel strength and a solid start to Back-to-School.
The analyst thinks AEO will beat 2Q expectations through continued strength in women's denim and aerie, and can carry momentum forward into 2H vs. easier compares with a positive mix shift, improvement in men's, and further acceleration internationally and online.
The valuation remains inexpensive vs. historicals and peers and the PT increases to $22 from $17 on 15x the FY17 EPS estimate of $1.44.
Shares of American Eagle Outfitters closed at $18.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!