Deutsche Bank Upgrades Akorn (AKRX) to Buy; Sell-Off Overdone, Says Analyst
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank upgraded Akorn (NASDAQ: AKRX) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $28. Analyst Gregg Gilbert said its sell-off was overdone.
"AKRX shares are down 20% since 11/3, when the company reported 3Q results and news emerged about a DOJ investigation into suspected price collusion involving generic companies that could result in charges by year-end. The quarter itself was decent, although AKRX announced that FDA clearance of its Decatur injectables facility will require a re inspection, the timing of which is uncertain. Unlike other generic stocks, AKRX shares have not begun to recover since 11/3, which we believe could be tied to concerns about Decatur on top of generic industry risks. Given management’s confidence that clearing Decatur is a when not an if, we like the set up for the stock from here, and are moving to a Buy rating (our PT remains $28)," said Gilbert.
"Regarding the DOJ investigation, as far as we know AKRX has not been notified that it is a subject of the investigation. We also believe that management is shareholder friendly and is doing the right things to position AKRX for long-term value creation. An under-levered balance sheet (net debt/EBITDA of ~1.3x) creates some optionality as well," added the analyst.
Shares of Akorn closed at $19.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Starts Cognex (CGNX) at Buy
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Ciena (CIEN) Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!