Deutsche Bank Takeways from EASL (GILD) (ABBV) (MRK) (IDIX) (ACHN)
- Wall St. mixed, Apple impresses and Twitter disappoints
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Analog Devices (ADI) to Acquire Linear Technology (LLTC) for ~$60/Share
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c; MAUs Outpace; Q3 Revenue Outlook Light
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/26: (LOGM) (AAPL) (EW) Higher; (TWTR) (AKAM) (MTCH) Lower (more...)
In a research note Thursday, Deutsche Bank analyst Robyn Karnauskas commented with takeways so far from the EASL conference in London. Company's mentioned in the note include Gilead Sciences (Nasdaq: GILD), AbbVie (ABBV), Merck (NYSE: MRK), Idenix Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: IDIX) and Achillion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ACHN).
"GILD: Not a lot of data so far, everything looks solid. Gilead appears to be dominant regimen. Some chatter about how 5816 (second generation) is going to be the dominant pan-genotypic drug that can treat everyone. This could be 2016 launch.
"Abbvie: saw one study in experienced patients, need to see Tourquise2 (Saturday) to see how this combo reads out in cirrhotic patients. We have not seen pan-genotypic data from them so far (likely at AASLD).
"Merck: Solid GT1 data, 8 weeks doesn’t look as good, one patient relapsed (chatter about this patient- we need to learn more about this patient that had new or mixed infection that was GT2 and 3) and there is concern that at low doses drug combo is not pan genotypic but it looks clean for GT 1,4,5,6. It is fairly well known that this regimen at that low doses of the PI may not be pan genotypic. At 800mg this combo had liver tox. Doesn’t look like they can do 8 weeks.
"IDIX/ACHN: Chatter upon viewing Merck/Abbive data, Merck & Abbvie could need a nuke to really be pan genotypic and have lower duration, this could benefit companies with nukes like Idenix and Achillion," said Karnauskas.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Downgrades Noodles & Co. (NDLS) to Market Perform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Express Scripts (ESRX) to $88 Following 2Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) to $93 Following 2Q Earnings Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!