Deutsche Bank Starts SQM (SQM) at Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank initiated coverage on SQM (NYSE: SQM) with a Buy rating and a price target of $33. Analyst Chris Terry noted its growing profitability in lithium.
"SQM, based in Chile, is the world's largest producer of iodine and potassium nitrate. Additionally, the company is the second-largest lithium producer globally. We like the diversification of the business with five main segments; in 2017 we forecast lithium to generate 49% (from 17% in 2015) of EBITDA, Specialty Plant Nutrition 28%, Potassium 11%, Iodine 7% and Industrial Chemicals/Other 4%. SQM is well positioned to capitalize on strong lithium demand growth driven by the battery sector with leverage to price and volume (second project, Caucharí, due by 2019). We initiate coverage of SQM with a $33/ADR PT and Buy rating with 20% upside to the current share price," said Tery.
Shares of Sociedad Quimica y Minera closed at $26.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Starts Mitek Systems (MITK) at Buy
- BMO Capital Raises Price Target on Dollar Tree (DLTR) to $96; Reiterates Market Perform
- Broadcom (AVGO) PT Raised to $215 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!