Deutsche Bank Starts Deere (DE) at Hold
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank initiated coverage on Deere (NYSE: DE) with a Hold rating and a price target of $90.
Analyst Nicole DeBlase said, "On the 3QFY17e earnings call, Deere management noted that it can deliver $500m of incremental run-rate pre-tax savings by year-end FY18e, along with 300bps of mid-cycle margin improvement vs. last cycle. This seems achievable, based on COGS, SAG, and R&D cost reductions, and will result in ~13% Equipment Ops margins, consistent with prior peak levels. However, we do not subscribe to management’s view of mid-cycle volumes (7-year rolling average methodology); we believe much of the last seven years benefited from a period of overinvestment in Ag equipment in North America. As such, we take a 10% discount to the company’s mid-cycle volume assumption, yielding ~$7 mid-cycle EPS vs. a calculated $8.33 management target."
Shares of Deere closed at $84.05 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Danaher (DHR) Following 'Clean' 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!