Deutsche Bank Starts Caterpillar (CAT) at Buy
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Deutsche Bank initiated coverage on Caterpillar (NYSE: CAT) with a Buy rating and a price target of $98, implying upside of 21%. Analsyt Nicole DeBlase thinks 2016 represents the cyclical trough for EPS.
"We do believe that 64% of CAT’s revenue is (finally) reaching bottom (73% is below mid-cycle), as natural resource CapEx approaches cyclical lows. We do not embed a V-shaped recovery into our model by any means, but we do see scope for a positive inflection in mining A/M, well servicing, and Brazil construction in 2017e," said DeBlase.
The analsyt added, "Despite a muted medium-term volume outlook (DB: +4% organic in 2017e), our 2017e EPS estimate of $4.03 sits 13% above consensus, as we believe the Street is underestimating cost cutting benefits. We commend management for spending $2.25bn on restructuring over 2013-16e vs. just $0.6bn in 2009 and nothing two downturns ago. As per CAT, these cuts have been structural rather than temporary, and so even in an environment of modest volume growth, we believe the company can grow EPS 15% Y/Y, driven predominately by a narrowing loss within Resource (-$86m in 2017e vs. -$452m in 2016e) driven entirely by restructuring payback. Moreover, once a recovery materializes, CAT’s incremental margins should improve to 30% vs. 10% and 23% during 2003-08 and 2010-12, respectively."
Shares of Caterpillar closed at $81.69 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $37 Following 2Q Beat and Raise
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!