Deutsche Bank Starts Carnival Corporation (CCL) at Hold
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Deutsche Bank initiated coverage on Carnival Corporation (NYSE: CCL) with a Hold rating and a price target of $48. Analyst Chris Woronka sees near-term headwinds.
"CCL has several positives going for it: highest in class dividend yield (2.9%), relatively low leverage (2.0x), a below-market (S&P 500) multiple (14.5x 2016E P/E), a meaningful share repurchase authorization in place, strong capitalization ($36bn), and a well-diversified, largest in class fleet. On those metrics, it screens well for a broad swath of global investors. That said, it also has a premium valuation vs. peers and--while outperforming the peer group YTD (-10.5% vs. -24.4% for the group overall)--it is underperforming the S&P 500 YTD (+6.2%), which potentially makes it a difficult stock to buy into yearend. With these offsets in mind, we initiate with a Hold rating and $48 PT," said the analyst.
Shares of Carnival Corporation closed at $48.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Boston Properties Inc. (BXP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!