Deutsche Bank Sees Buying Opportunity in Syngenta (SYT)
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Deutsche Bank maintained a Buy rating on Syngenta (NYSE: SYT) with a price target of CHF430. Analyst Virginie Boucher-Ferte said its deal with ChemChina is still likely to close, although in a worst case it could be delayed. Related weakness is seen as a "buying opportunity."
Earlier reports said ChemChina didn't meet deadlines in Europe for concessions.
"According to Bloomberg, the EU commented that they did not receive any concessions from ChemChina on the deal by Oct 21st which was the deadline to submit remedies. They EU decision deadline to approve the deal or require a phase II review is Oct 28th. We remain of the view that antitrust issues are not a 'deal breaker' in the ChemChina/Syngenta case and ultimately the deal will go through (worst case scenario with a delay) so we see the current share price weakness as a buying opportunity," said Boucher-Ferte.
The analyst sees three possible outcomes/scenarios after this phase I review -- no remedies needed, political pressures delaying the process, or ChemChina buying themselves more time to find financing (unlikely scenario).
Shares of Syngenta closed at $85.11 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!