Deutsche Bank Says Williams-Sonoma (WSM)/Restoration Hardware (RH) Deal Could Lead to Substantial Earnings Accretion
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst Adam Sindler commented on Restoration Hardware (NYSE: RH) following earlier unconfirmed speculation that Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) is bidding on company. The chatter briefly sent shares higher by 4%. In his view the acquisition could drive substantial earnings accretion, though supply chain issues could create a volatile integration scenario.
Sindler said, "We had written about this over the summer, stating that while we believe the math behind a WSM / RH combination would be favorable, we believe each company’s stand alone supply chain issues could create a volatile integration scenario. And as we have seen in the past, including recently, just because a deal works on paper does not always make it a sure bet."
The analyst added, "Our takeout analysis shows that if properly executed an RH acquisition could drive substantial earnings accretion for WSM – this would be the prevailing catalyst in our view. We also believe that WSM would be acquiring a still strong brand, perhaps the leader in the upscale home furnishings market. This is a segment WSM has tried to address in the past, but unsuccessfully. We also believe WSM remains in growth mode and we believe there would be very little customer overlap here, so it would open a new market for WSM."
Deutsche Bank has a Hold rating on Restoration Hardware.
Shares of Restoration Hardware closed at $31.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsemi (MSCC) Will Be 'Solid Target' Once Leverage is Lower, Says RBC
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Oppenheimer Reiterates Outperform on Microsoft (MSFT) Following Strong 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!