Deutsche Bank Says Williams-Sonoma (WSM)/Restoration Hardware (RH) Deal Could Lead to Substantial Earnings Accretion
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst Adam Sindler commented on Restoration Hardware (NYSE: RH) following earlier unconfirmed speculation that Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) is bidding on company. The chatter briefly sent shares higher by 4%. In his view the acquisition could drive substantial earnings accretion, though supply chain issues could create a volatile integration scenario.
Sindler said, "We had written about this over the summer, stating that while we believe the math behind a WSM / RH combination would be favorable, we believe each company’s stand alone supply chain issues could create a volatile integration scenario. And as we have seen in the past, including recently, just because a deal works on paper does not always make it a sure bet."
The analyst added, "Our takeout analysis shows that if properly executed an RH acquisition could drive substantial earnings accretion for WSM – this would be the prevailing catalyst in our view. We also believe that WSM would be acquiring a still strong brand, perhaps the leader in the upscale home furnishings market. This is a segment WSM has tried to address in the past, but unsuccessfully. We also believe WSM remains in growth mode and we believe there would be very little customer overlap here, so it would open a new market for WSM."
Deutsche Bank has a Hold rating on Restoration Hardware.
Shares of Restoration Hardware closed at $31.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Western Digital (WDC): Analyst Day Preview - Susquehanna
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!