Deutsche Bank Says Williams-Sonoma (WSM)/Restoration Hardware (RH) Deal Could Lead to Substantial Earnings Accretion
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank analyst Adam Sindler commented on Restoration Hardware (NYSE: RH) following earlier unconfirmed speculation that Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) is bidding on company. The chatter briefly sent shares higher by 4%. In his view the acquisition could drive substantial earnings accretion, though supply chain issues could create a volatile integration scenario.
Sindler said, "We had written about this over the summer, stating that while we believe the math behind a WSM / RH combination would be favorable, we believe each company’s stand alone supply chain issues could create a volatile integration scenario. And as we have seen in the past, including recently, just because a deal works on paper does not always make it a sure bet."
The analyst added, "Our takeout analysis shows that if properly executed an RH acquisition could drive substantial earnings accretion for WSM – this would be the prevailing catalyst in our view. We also believe that WSM would be acquiring a still strong brand, perhaps the leader in the upscale home furnishings market. This is a segment WSM has tried to address in the past, but unsuccessfully. We also believe WSM remains in growth mode and we believe there would be very little customer overlap here, so it would open a new market for WSM."
Deutsche Bank has a Hold rating on Restoration Hardware.
Shares of Restoration Hardware closed at $31.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Signet Jewelers (SIG) May Be Close To Selling Credit Business, Likely Positive For Stock - Northcoast Research
- IBM (IBM): Closer Look Shows The - Jefferies
- United Rentals (URI) PT Raised to $130 at Jefferies Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!