Deutsche Bank Resumes Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX) at Hold
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank resumed coverage on Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) with a Hold rating and a price target of $30. Analyst Gregg Gilbert sees a rebound in dermatology revenue in the second half of the year.
"We are re-instating coverage of VRX with a Hold rating and $30 price target based on our new, preliminary model. We say preliminary when referencing our model because VRX will be reporting on a new segment structure starting with 3Q results in late Oct / early Nov, and other major changes may occur, including but not limited to changes in debt structure, material divestments of products and geographies, and a new outlook from a recently-hired CFO that we believe will want to instill a strong 'meet or beat' culture when it comes to guidance," said Gilbert.
The analyst continued, "We believe that our new model has a conservative slant overall, as it does not include new product flow from the pipeline and assumes a relatively negative assumption for the duration of the company’s largest product, Xifaxan. On the other hand, we do not factor in any fines for ongoing investigations and lawsuits, and we assume that revenue for the dermatology business begins to rebound in 2H16 and into ’17."
Gilbert added, "For VRX’s largest product Xifaxan, we model sales of $844mn in 2016 (24% growth) and $953mn in 2017 (13% growth), which reflects continued solid but decelerating volume growth. For the dermatology segment, we model a significant increase in sales in 2H16 (vs. 1H16) to reflect an improvement in sales per Rx related to VRX’s enhancements to the Walgreens access program (implemented in early August)."
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $27.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades Shopify (SHOP) to Equalweight Following Recent Gains
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $79 Following User Conference and Analyst Day
- Rosenblatt Raises Price Target on Netgear, Inc. (NTGR) Ahead of 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!