Deutsche Bank Downgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Hold
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $57.00 (from $63.00). Dave Weiner thinks upside will be difficult.
"While our positive long-term view on VF’s strong mgmt. and acquisitive model hasn’t changed post Monday’s results, there are now medium-term issues which when combined with valuation, likely cap stock upside," said Weiner.
The analyst continued, "Primarily, VF is struggling to drive revs. (let alone in line with l-t 8% plan CAGR) and commentary that the wholesale channel is sitting on too much competitive product and reordering closer-to-need was worse than we expected. Adding risk, weakness is coming across brands. Further, while VF remains a l-t global share gainer, the market likely remains cautious ahead of the 1Q Analyst Day. Finally, while gross margin potential is positive, investors are focused on rev. growth to drive valuation, which we believe is now limited to the upside at 15.5x-16.5x ‘17. D/G as heightened concerns about mid-term rev. stabilization are now balanced with potential cold weather benefits or an acquisition."
Shares of VF Corp. closed at $53.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $81; Reiterates Neutral
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!