Deutsche Bank Downgrades VF Corp. (VFC) to Hold
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded VF Corp. (NYSE: VFC) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $57.00 (from $63.00). Dave Weiner thinks upside will be difficult.
"While our positive long-term view on VF’s strong mgmt. and acquisitive model hasn’t changed post Monday’s results, there are now medium-term issues which when combined with valuation, likely cap stock upside," said Weiner.
The analyst continued, "Primarily, VF is struggling to drive revs. (let alone in line with l-t 8% plan CAGR) and commentary that the wholesale channel is sitting on too much competitive product and reordering closer-to-need was worse than we expected. Adding risk, weakness is coming across brands. Further, while VF remains a l-t global share gainer, the market likely remains cautious ahead of the 1Q Analyst Day. Finally, while gross margin potential is positive, investors are focused on rev. growth to drive valuation, which we believe is now limited to the upside at 15.5x-16.5x ‘17. D/G as heightened concerns about mid-term rev. stabilization are now balanced with potential cold weather benefits or an acquisition."
Shares of VF Corp. closed at $53.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $165.00 at Oppenheimer
- ADTRAN (ADTN) PT Raised to $27.50 at MKM Partners Following Strong 4Q
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $115 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!