Deutsche Bank Downgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $76.00 (from $100.00). The change follows updated guidance. Analyst Adam Sindler said the company's issues are clearly more than just weather.
"We had been cautious on 3Q16 results coming out of the 2Q print and were below Factset consensus on both comps and EPS given the difficult multi-year compare and no visibility into September weather, with September presenting the easiest compare. While weather seems to be one factor here, the press release discusses several other factors that are more concerning in our view, especially as they relate to 4Q16 and beyond. We have been very clear on our view that TSCO needs to get back to a mid single digit comp in the fourth quarter to allay concerns that the current issues are less structural than cyclical, which had underpinned our Buy recommendation," said Sindler.
"TSCO faces its easiest compares in the fourth quarter on a 1-yr and multi year basis by a relatively wide margin. TSCO also gets the benefit of an extra day in the 4Q16 comp, an approximate 75 basis point tailwind. Guidance, on the other hand seems to imply something in the range of 1% to 3%. TSCO also has a difficult compare on the horizon in 1Q17. With the prospect of well below average comps in 3Q16, 4Q16 and potentially 1Q17, and with new details on underlying issues (discussed below) we are moving from Buy to Hold," added the analyst.
Shares of Tractor Supply Company closed at $83.53 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!