Deutsche Bank Downgrades Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI) to Hold
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Texas Capital Bancshares (NASDAQ: TCBI) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $66 (unchanged). The downgrade follows a recent run in the stock.
Analyst Meng Jiao said, "We continue to expect the ramp up of MCA will support stronger expected earnings gr. vs. the group, and expect TCBI will benefit from any further strengthening in expectations for more near-term rate hikes, given the much stronger asset sensitivity of the bank, stronger GDP gr., deregulation, etc. That said, the recent run has driven the shares to a valuation which we view as stretched, with shares trading at a P/E of 18.0x our FY17 EPS, representing a 1.7x premium vs. the group, and 15.7x our FY18 EPS, a premium to what we expect for the group multiple one year out, and see the risks as more balanced near-term. We note that higher longer-term interest rates will likely have the impact of slowing refi volumes more materially in 4Q16/1Q17, which could combine with slower purchase activity to drive a decrease in warehouse balances and brokered loan fees during this timeframe, with a more noticeable impact likely in 1Q17, although we expect TCBI will continue to take share in this business while MCA continues to ramp up, partially offsetting this negative to NII and fee income."
Shares of Texas Capital Bancshares closed at $66.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: BMO Capital Upgrades CSX (CSX) to Outperform
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!