Deutsche Bank Downgrades PPG Industries (PPG) to Hold
- Wall Street hits record high for third day in a row
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $100.00 (from $122.00). Analyst David Begleiter thinks challenges will persist into 2017.
"Following its preannounced Q3 earnings shortfall on Friday, we are downgrading PPG from Buy to Hold. While we believe the shares are slightly oversold and the company is of high quality with a strong balance sheet, we also believe that PPG’s modest EPS growth in’16E (+4%), will continue into ‘17 (+6%). This sluggish growth reflects PPG’s inability to grow organically (Q3 is the 7th straight qtr of <2% volume growth) and inability to grow inorganically (PPG was recently outbid by BASF for Albemarle’s coatings business) coupled with tailwinds from raw materials becoming headwinds in ’17 and cost savings, notwithstanding new ones announced Friday, largely done," said Begleiter.
Shares of PPG Industries closed at $93.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Jefferies Adjusts Estimates on Ciena (CIEN) - PT to $29
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!