Deutsche Bank Downgrades PPG Industries (PPG) to Hold
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded PPG Industries (NYSE: PPG) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $100.00 (from $122.00). Analyst David Begleiter thinks challenges will persist into 2017.
"Following its preannounced Q3 earnings shortfall on Friday, we are downgrading PPG from Buy to Hold. While we believe the shares are slightly oversold and the company is of high quality with a strong balance sheet, we also believe that PPG’s modest EPS growth in’16E (+4%), will continue into ‘17 (+6%). This sluggish growth reflects PPG’s inability to grow organically (Q3 is the 7th straight qtr of <2% volume growth) and inability to grow inorganically (PPG was recently outbid by BASF for Albemarle’s coatings business) coupled with tailwinds from raw materials becoming headwinds in ’17 and cost savings, notwithstanding new ones announced Friday, largely done," said Begleiter.
Shares of PPG Industries closed at $93.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- AMD (AMD) Q3 'Solid' - Jefferies
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!