Deutsche Bank Downgrades Nordstrom (JWN) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $56.00 (from $57.00).
Paul Trussell explained the rating change, saying, "We continue to believe that JWN's business model is unique to dept. stores via its: 1) variable cost structure; 2) limited promotional reliance; 3) more upscale targeted demographic; 4) greater product differentiation; and 5) multi-channel approach (full-line stores, the Rack, and e-commerce). Equally important, JWN remains ahead of the curve on both inventory and Internet technology investment, which has translated into outsized comp growth vs. its peers, and the company has a strong FCF profile despite increased investment spend. In our view, the business has stabilized from a margin standpoint and the Street has yet to realize the inherent EPS improvement ahead by lapping easy margin compares and turning the corner on Canada, HauteLook/Nordstromrack.com, and Trunk Club. However, the top-line is not yet showcasing the signs of reacceleration we think are necessary to maintain a high-teens multiple, and we have moved to the sidelines."
Shares of Nordstrom closed at $52.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Cowen Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!