Deutsche Bank Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Hold
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded McKesson (NYSE: MCK) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $153.00 (from $196.00). Analyst George Hill expressed fears of a price war in drug wholesaling.
"MCK reported F2Q results below consensus, but it was the company's outlook and commentary that drive our ratings change. MCK reported F2Q EPS of $2.94 (-7%), below the Street's $3.04. The company lowered its F17 guidance range by $1.10 to $12.35-$12.85, which will now likely be down vs F16. We had recently cut our numbers citing the risks from slower brand drug price inflation, but MCK noted increased sell side margin pressure was more to blame. While we hate downgrading a stock on a miss/steep decline, we do not believe this was the clearing event necessary to create a bottom for MCK shares and move to Hold on valuation and a lack of earnings visibility," said Hill.
Shares of McKesson closed at $160.50 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!