Deutsche Bank Downgrades M.D.C. Holdings (MDC) to Hold
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded M.D.C. Holdings (NYSE: MDC) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $27.00 (from $28.00). Analyst Nishu Sood noted subpar returns and said the housing cycle is maturing,
"MDC's most recent strategy shift to increase the emphasis on volumes relative to margins has been successful to the extent that the company's earnings outlook has stabilized. Balance sheet efficiency has also improved with some reduction in specs; however, even with these improvements incorporated into our forecasts, expected returns on equity remain subpar for MDC. Even with our above consensus projections, return on equity barely reaches double digits in our forecasts out to FY18. In other words, MDC does not generate positive economic returns in our forecasts. With the housing cycle maturing, we think this will limit returns on the stock and so downgrade to Hold," said Sood.
Shares of M.D.C. Holdings closed at $25.78 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- RBC Capital Neutral on GE's (GE) Q3 Report, Outlook; Reaffirms at 'Outperform'
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!