Deutsche Bank Downgrades Fred's Inc. (FRED) to Sell
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $12.00 (from $15.00). Analyst Paul Trussell thinks same-store-sales recovery could be slow, and he said margin pressure is likely to persist.
"We are downgrading shares of FRED to Sell from Hold as we believe headwinds behind 2Q's disappointing comp and margin performance are likely to extend into 2H: 1) in a broader slowdown for Hepatitis C drugs (60%-70% of FRED's specialty business); and 2) vs. increasingly tough competition in the discounter/dollar store space as peers are improving," said Trussell.
"We see potential for further downward guidance revisions, in the same vein as in 2H last year, and are modeling modestly below consensus for this year and next year," added the analyst.
Shares of Fred's Inc. closed at $14.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- PayPal (PYPL): Improving Visibility, Raising PT - Wedbush
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!