Deutsche Bank Downgrades Fred's Inc. (FRED) to Sell
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $12.00 (from $15.00). Analyst Paul Trussell thinks same-store-sales recovery could be slow, and he said margin pressure is likely to persist.
"We are downgrading shares of FRED to Sell from Hold as we believe headwinds behind 2Q's disappointing comp and margin performance are likely to extend into 2H: 1) in a broader slowdown for Hepatitis C drugs (60%-70% of FRED's specialty business); and 2) vs. increasingly tough competition in the discounter/dollar store space as peers are improving," said Trussell.
"We see potential for further downward guidance revisions, in the same vein as in 2H last year, and are modeling modestly below consensus for this year and next year," added the analyst.
Shares of Fred's Inc. closed at $14.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bassett Furniture (BSET) PT Raised to $28 at Stifel Following 4Q EPS Beat
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!