Deutsche Bank Downgrades Fred's Inc. (FRED) to Sell
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Deutsche Bank downgraded Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) from Hold to Sell with a price target of $12.00 (from $15.00). Analyst Paul Trussell thinks same-store-sales recovery could be slow, and he said margin pressure is likely to persist.
"We are downgrading shares of FRED to Sell from Hold as we believe headwinds behind 2Q's disappointing comp and margin performance are likely to extend into 2H: 1) in a broader slowdown for Hepatitis C drugs (60%-70% of FRED's specialty business); and 2) vs. increasingly tough competition in the discounter/dollar store space as peers are improving," said Trussell.
"We see potential for further downward guidance revisions, in the same vein as in 2H last year, and are modeling modestly below consensus for this year and next year," added the analyst.
Shares of Fred's Inc. closed at $14.29 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades CEB Inc (CEB) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!