Deutsche Bank Comments on American International Group's (AIG) Q1
- Top 10 News for 2/8 - 2/12: Banks Crushed Amid Global Concerns; Tesla Ramps on Outlook; SEC Targets Boeing
- Wall Street rallies; S&P 500 snaps five-day losing streak
- Loeb's Third Point LLC 13F Shows New Stake Axalta (AXTA), Morgan Stanley (MS), Liquidates T-Mobile (TMUS), Lowers eBay (EBAY) ...
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Said to Explore Sale Following Interest
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Plans EUR 3B, $2B Debt Buyback
Deutsche Bank maintained a Hold rating on American International Group (NYSE: AIG) with a price target of $55. Comments follow Q1 results.
Analyst Joshua Shanker said, "AIG's result compared with our forecast of $1.02 and Street consensus of $1.07. While a sizable EPS beat, the differences with our numbers largely relate to outsized performance in capital market sensitive line items like $469mm in mark-to-market gains on the DIB/GCM business (vs. none in our model) and $862mm in alternative/other investment income (vs. our $782mm). These two items combine for $0.21 in earnings. We were forecasting about $0.84 in "normalized" core earnings, and AIG produced approximately $0.79. The slow progress on core earnings growth is key to our Hold recommendation."
Shares of American International Group closed at $52.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Raising AIG (AIG) Ests and PT on Buybacks and Lower Tax Rate - Piper Jaffray
- Mizuho Securities Cuts Price Target on Teva Pharma (TEVA) Following Slight 4Q EPS Miss
- Piper Jaffray Cuts Price Target on S&W Seed (SANW) as 2016 Guidance Remains Unchanged
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!