Deutsche Bank Comments on American International Group's (AIG) Q1
- RenaissanceRe (RNR) to Acquire Platinum Underwriters (PTP) in $1.9B Deal
- United Technologies (UTX) CEO Chenevert Announces Retirement; CFO Hayes to Assume Role
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $135 at Susquehanna on Greater iPhone 6 Plus Mix
- Starz (STRZA) Looking to Sell for $5 Billion - NY Post
- BioMarin Pharma (BMRN) to Acquire Prosensa (RNA) for $17.75/Share
Deutsche Bank maintained a Hold rating on American International Group (NYSE: AIG) with a price target of $55. Comments follow Q1 results.
Analyst Joshua Shanker said, "AIG's result compared with our forecast of $1.02 and Street consensus of $1.07. While a sizable EPS beat, the differences with our numbers largely relate to outsized performance in capital market sensitive line items like $469mm in mark-to-market gains on the DIB/GCM business (vs. none in our model) and $862mm in alternative/other investment income (vs. our $782mm). These two items combine for $0.21 in earnings. We were forecasting about $0.84 in "normalized" core earnings, and AIG produced approximately $0.79. The slow progress on core earnings growth is key to our Hold recommendation."
Shares of American International Group closed at $52.72 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 3D Systems (DDD) to Acquire Cimatron (CIMT) for $8.97/Share
- Trina Solar (TSL) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Guides Q4, FY14 Shipments
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Jacobs Engineering (JEC) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!